Friday 10 November 2017

The Pains of Building a New House

I have heard so many horror stories of thefts and vandalism happening to houses being built in new estates and I have been praying that I won't be writing about them here, but  here I go.

A few weeks ago, our master bedroom window and a living room window got broken so our SS installed CCTV camera. We thought this will stop the problem, but no!

 Last Wednesday, we drove by our site and as I was checking the repaired slab, I heard water running somewhere and then I noticed that water was flowing out of the house. When we opened the door the whole ground floor was flooded, a water pipe in the powder room was cut-off and water was left running.

I rang my SS who advised us to turn the tap off from the main pipe which we did. He told me that he couldn't come over as he was busy.

As we were looking around, my husband saw that the HDMI that Big Picture People installed for us was missing. 

Despite what he said, my SS arrived after a few minutes and warned me that I was not supposed to be inside as it was very unsafe. We showed him what happened and told him about our HDMI. He then checked the copper wire in the heating/cooling system and found that it had been cut-off,  even the one in the first floor.

He saw that I was very upset and reassured me that the water on the floor will ran off and dry out and no damage to the frame at all. He will replace the copper wire soonest and have the other wirings checked. As for our HDMI cable, he said that he couldn't claim that from their insurance as it was not in our contract but he will just give me a free feature wall! Winner!

I rang Big Picture People today and the HDMI replacement cost was $35. My SS was happy for us to give him the wire and he will have it installed just before plaster so it won't be stolen again.

On positive note, our slab has been repaired already and it looked way better than before.

Before Repair

 After Repair

Before Repair

After Repair


Our front facade has Hebel installed also.




Hopefully, after the slab repair, things will get moving more quickly for us. The Hebel to the first floor still needs to be done. Our window in the family and cinema/lounge room are still missing and the ones in the master bedroom and living room were still broken. The copper wires for the heating/cooling system need to be replaced and all the other wires will need to be checked. I still need to check if the defects found by Darbecca regarding our frame, insulation and plumbing has been fixed already.

We saw that our plaster was delivered yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment