Monday 2 October 2017

Home Theatre Set-up in Cinema Lounge

A few weeks ago, we tried to add some upgrades to our house, but our BC said that we can't do variations anymore as we are already at construction stage. The biggest disappointment for us was the sound insulation and projector pre-wiring to the cinema lounge as my husband is an avid, avid movie lover. I know how much he would enjoy watching his movies on a big screen and I can just imagine the endless hours he would spend in that room. 

I had a chat with our site supervisor about my disappointment and he confirmed that he can't do anything about these. He suggested that for the sound insulation, we can surround the walls with curtains to help absorb the sound which I think was a very good idea as it will give the room a complete cinema effect. He then told me that I can send someone to install our projector pre-wiring and he will be fine with this.  He said that I need to find someone to do this in 2 to 3 weeks.

Clueless me, I organised for an electrician to do the wiring for me as I thought it's just a matter of having a power outlet to make the projector work. It turned out to be more complicated and the electrician referred us to Big Picture People in Watergardens who sells home theatre stuff.

We ended up getting a home theatre package from Big Picture People. We need to pay 20% of the package price so they can do the wiring which was included in the package and the remaining 80% will be paid when we are ready to have the full installation, to time pressure!   

We paid a deposit for Action Pack 2 which includes the following:

  • Viewsonic PRO7827HD Projector
  • Big 2.5 metre screen
  • Yamaha HTR 5071 Receiver with Music Cast, Dolby Atmos and DTS-X
  • Sony Bluray Player
  • Yamaha NS-555 5.1 speaker pack
  • HD set top box, HDMI cables, and bracket
  • Bonus: Atmos Speakers
  • Full Installation



The owner, who turned out to be building a house with Porter Davis too, also gave us a $500 discount.
Our theatre room inspiration....
I tried to push our luck farther and messaged our site supervisor to ask if he can get the PD electrician to install our pre-wiring for wall mounted TV and surround sound to the first floor game room instead, but no chance! It was a wasted $920, but we are still happy with the outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment